Umpqua Bank IT Asset Management Analyst in Hillsboro, Oregon
The IT Asset Management Analyst role will ensure that the necessary activities of receiving, tracking, prepping, and distributing company assets are tracked in an accurate manner. Additionally, level II technicians may be called upon to develop processes and procedures, train level I technicians, and distribute routine tasks amongst team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for ensuring the product and software catalogs contain complete and accurate models for all standard and approved assets.
• Manage new asset acquisitions, ensuring that assets are properly created in the IT Asset Database.
• Ensure that assets are accurately tracked through the full lifecycle using asset tracking tools and the IT Asset Database.
• Manage the equipment disposal process, ensuring that asset disposal meet bank’s security, financial and environmental objectives.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate equipment refresh schedules based on designated asset lifespans.
• Coordinate with managed services vendor to ensure that assets are replaced in a timely manner.
• Produce reports, dashboards and budgetary analysis for asset fleets, financial impacts, tax report, etc.
• Fulfills user and project orders for hardware from warehouse inventory and updates asset system with assignments.
• Develop a software asset management practice to track all bank software assets and usage.
• In collaboration with Procurement, develop, implement and manage effective purchasing processes.
• In collaboration with Financial Integrity, develop, implement and manage effective fixed asset accounting processes.
• Reporting on logistics KPM’s, ensuring timely deliveries and customer satisfaction.
• Occasional assistance with data center related equipment tasks of Monitoring of departmental work queues and initial assignment of tasks to peers (subject to manager review and/or override)
• Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
• Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
• May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
• Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
• Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
• Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• Support Data Center Engineers as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Intermediate to Expert Excel skills
• Asset management/Inventory Control experience.
• Understanding of General Ledger
• Experience with a ticketing system
• Knowledge of Computer hardware: laptops, desktops, UPS’s.
• Windows 10 knowledge, intermediate or above.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Vocational training or equivalent required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Service Now Asset Management.
• Report writing within Service Now.
• Hardware and Software asset management experience.
• Familiarity with DCIM.
• Rudimentary SCCM skills.
• Logistics, Warehouse, and Asset Management Experience, or Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting or Business Information Systems related) with 1-2 years of experience in the aforementioned job activities.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Office environment – no unusual environmental demands. Must be able to lift up to
• Occasional travel.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.