Umpqua Bank Network Security Engineer in Hillsboro, Oregon
Implements, administers, and/or monitors bank security systems and solutions that encompass perimeter defense, security operations, identity and access management, and incident response. Systems and processes may include, but are not limited to: firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, content filtering, data loss prevention, vulnerability management, endpoint protection, network access control, security information and event management, identity governance and administration, single sign on, public key infrastructure, privileged account management, security monitoring, data analysis, alert tuning, and incident triage. Day to day tasks entail supporting, maintaining and enhancing technical controls to: prevent, detect, or respond to cybersecurity threats; comply with regulatory standards; or align to industry best practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administer one or more of the following technologies: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention System, Proxy, Mail Gateways, Data Loss Prevention, Denial or Service Protection, Network Access Control, Endpoint Protection Suite, Advanced Malware Prevention, Vulnerability Management, or Security Information and Event Management, Identity Governance, Single Sign On, Public Key Infrastructure, or Privileged Account Management.
• Perform security alert, malware, and packet analysis; incident containment, eradication and recovery; and host and network forensic investigations.
• Direct security investigations, initiatives, and projects.
• Identify security gaps and control deficiencies as well as determine steps to mitigate findings.
• Partner with other technology departments to provide secure and reliable services.
• Implement new technologies and security controls.
• Develop procedure, training, and architectural documentation.
• Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
• Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
• May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
• Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words
• Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate. • Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank." • May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES none
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• High school diploma/GED required.
• Associate, vocational or technical degree in information security preferred.
• Certifications preferred: GSEC, GCIH, CHFI, CCNA, CIAM, Security+, CSA+, CISM, CRISC, CISSP.
• Requires 5-8 years of experience managing security tools and programs.
• Proven ability to manage security solutions in an enterprise environment.
• Advanced experience in Client and Server architecture to include Operating Systems, security applications, Active Directory, network architecture such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, routers, and switches in multiple deployment architectures such as physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure.
• Extensive knowledge of defense in depth, security best practice, security controls, networking concepts, emerging technologies, attack methods, and mitigation techniques.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work though complex issues and obstacles with minimal guidance and coaching.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Proficient communications skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
• Occasional travel.
No relocation offered.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.