Umpqua Bank Senior Commercial Middle-Market Banking Relationship Manager in Santa Rosa, California
As a Senior Corporate Banking Relationship Manager, you will serve as the account executive for the largest and most complex commercial clients, and maintain a “trusted advisor” relationship with clients (based on knowledgeable advice that is aligned to the clients’ business objectives and lifecycle). You will develop and grow new business and build/maintain strong relationships with prospects. This will allow you to drive financial performance through profitable revenue and growth and quality credit.
· Work with commercial clients that have sales over $25 million and typical credit needs of $10 million or more.
· Develop focused strategies for acquiring, retaining and growing select clients.
· Champion and lead all business-development efforts for specific client and/or prospect base. Drive focused business development effort by developing a clear and holistic understanding of the client’s or prospect’s business/industry.
· Prepare for client reviews, identifying opportunities for presenting unsolicited solutions/advice. Provide the client with deep knowledge in key product areas.
· Assemble and lead cross-functional teams to quickly respond to customer requests. Utilize team of experts to creatively present the full breadth of the bank.
· Maintain active prospecting effort, including identification, qualification and calling. Consistently balance prospecting efforts and quality client maintenance responsibilities.
· Maximize established referral network and continue to expand this network.
· Make decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits. Analyze credit to determine the ability of customers and prospective customers to qualify for ensuing borrowing requirements.
· Follows-up on current loans to ensure compliance with internal procedures and other required terms.
· Studies industrial, commercial, economic and financial situations relating to new or existing business.
· Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
· 15+ years of relevant commercial lending experience and proven track record of exceeding performance in developing business in the commercial industry.
· 5+ year of high performance experience with clients with sales over $25 million preferred.
· Experience with and connectivity within the Wine industry preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of bank products.
· Expert credit analysis and commercial underwriting skills, including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis experience.
· Expert knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
· Thorough knowledge of bank’s risk-rating system, credit products and underwriting policies. Exceptional working knowledge with structuring credit products to middle market business in diverse industries with complex ownership structures.
· Experience with syndications, asset-based lending, capital structure finance, leveraged lending, enterprise value lending, and trade finance.
· Experience with underwriting and/or managing Shared National Credits (SNC).
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we’re never satisfied with the status quo. It’s no wonder we’ve made “Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers’ needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways – always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre -employment substance abuse testing.