Umpqua Bank Customer Resource Center Manager - Spokane in Spokane, Washington
In this role, you will provide organizational leadership and management to an operations support team. You will manage processes including, but not limited to, store or department operations functions, new or established account management and maintenance, oversight of deposit account regulatory compliance, operational risk, and debit card maintenance and management. You will be responsible for the fulfillment of objectives and goals of the unit(s) as a member of the operations management team.
· Responsible for integration and management of resources through the development and implementation of operational and administrative policies, practices, procedures, controls, and programs.
· Develop project plans, contributes to due diligence evaluations and participates in corporate initiatives and processes.
· Lead or participate in periodic reviews and assessments of operational effectiveness and efficiency and makes recommendations for improvements/changes as necessary.
· Monitor best practice trends for assigned area and implements operational changes as appropriate. May have a role in the Business Continuity Plan. May act as a liaison and/or collaborate with other operating groups to resolve problems, make recommendations for program changes and/or ensure compliance with state and federal banking rules, regulations, and audit requirements.
· Responsible for establishing and/or operating within a budget, manage expense control and staffing model.
· May be responsible for training course work as a subject matter expert. Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies. Interacts daily with subordinates and/or functional peer groups.
· Coordinate and lead daily team activities. May spend a portion of time performing the work of those they supervise.
· Work within established guidelines, processes and procedures. May have limited ability to recommend/implement improvements to achieve team goals.
· Supervise the work of individual contributors. Assist with management decisions and activities. Provide input and have responsibility for hiring, firing, performance appraisals and pay reviews.
- 5+ employees
High School Diploma or GED.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred.
2-4 years of retail bank operations.
1 year of supervisory or lead work experience in a bank operations environment.
Experience in banking and operations, developing and implementing policies and procedures.
Knowledge of banking regulations, policies, procedures, documentation and legal requirements.
Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others. Ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations and problem solve while maintaining confidentiality.
Proficient in the use of computer software including Word, Excel and banking systems.
Demonstrate accountability, dependability, initiative and an ability to effectively prioritize tasks to ensure optimal results.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
lifting up to 25 pounds.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we’re never satisfied with the status quo. It’s no wonder we’ve made “Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers’ needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways – always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.