Umpqua Bank IT Support Specialist in Spokane, Washington
Provides support services to internal and/or external users for software, applications, hardware, and telecommunications related issues. Troubleshoot core bank applications, Microsoft applications, hardware errors, and Operating System. Collect information, open tickets, perform triage, and resolve or escalate issues related to new hardware/software requests, network, application software and telecommunications to the appropriate staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist and support users with the use of core banking applications, standard software, Windows, MS Office and other related banking business solutions. Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, email, and Self Service site requests for assistance.
Maintain the Technical Support Software (HEAT) by identifying trends and accurately capturing details to enable the incident Management function to improve IT processes and systems through accurate reporting. Create and update documentation on established Technical Support procedures and processes, problem resolution steps, and escalation procedures. Make recommendations to management on updates and changes needed
Identify and troubleshoot hardware, software, operating system, mobility, and telecommunication issues.
Responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents with respect to networking and desktop environments, including LANs, WANs, remote access, and VPNs.
Perform diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to correct common failures utilizing remote access tools.
Responsible for performing installations and configuring computers/laptops using standard processes and tools.
Partner in a 24X5 global support team. May be required to be on-call during specific times/projects. Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within the organization.
Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert. Responsible for other duties as assigned. Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate. Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• High school diploma or GED or the equivalent in vocational training. College degree in information technology preferred.
• Previous practical experience in a personal computer network environment. One year of IT related Help Desk experience required.
• A+ certification required. MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) certification preferred.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols and PC knowledge, including hardware and software configuration, directory tree structure, Windows Messaging services, Active Directory, and Internet Explorer.
• Good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office software package, Active Directory, and system management tools. Proficient in MS Office Suite, Enterprise Networks, banking computer system, and print device troubleshooting in a networked environment.
• Possess outstanding customer service skills and the ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical staff.
• Good research, analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills. Ability to manage time efficiently and work under stressful conditions.
• Good working understanding of computer hardware architecture concepts and technology related terminology. Ability to effectively log tickets in call tracking software.
• Basic understanding of accounting/record keeping. Bank related experience preferred.
• Demonstrate continuing education through independent studies, monthly subscriptions and periodicals.
Works on assignments that are varied in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Meet minimum job requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work involves repetitive motion and extensive time spent in front of computer screens in a sitting position.
• May require lifting computers and printers up to 25 lbs.
• Requires close visual acuity.
• Normal office environment.
• No travel required.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.